Flight attendant jobs – Flight Attendant Position
As our most highly visible employee, you are expected to prepare and serve meals, snacks, and beverages, as well as conduct sales of food and liquor. We’ll also rely on your physical agility and strength to assist customers as they board and your leadership to maintain order in the event of high-stress situations such as aircraft evacuation, security threats, delays, medical emergencies, severe weather conditions, and turbulence.
• Flight attendants at United are expected to display exceptional interpersonal skills, exercise good judgment, and be able to resolve conflicts with grace.
• Caring happens regardless of our customers’ dispositions or challenges. There will be moments where you are expected to remain calm and positive even when our customers are not.
• Experience in customer service, hospitality, food service, the aviation industry, safety-related positions, social service, healthcare/medical positions or the military would be ideal.
Qualification & Experience:
• 21 years of age or older at time of application
• High school diploma or equivalent; 2 or more years of college preferred
• Professional appearance (e.g. no visible tattoos or facial piercings)
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English; fluently speaking and reading a second language is an asset
• Ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, stoop, stretch, reach, lift heavy objects (e.g. lift luggage to overhead bin; lift window exit), and push and pull heavy equipment (e.g. should be able to push/pull beverage cart up to 250 lbs.)
• Ability to pass vision, hearing and middle ear function tests, ten-year work history review, criminal background check, physical exam and drug screen
• Successful completion of an unpaid six-week training program (we provide a $140/week per diem, along with accommodations, breakfast and lunch)
• Ability to purchase initial uniform and luggage (payment plan available)
Job Details: Company: United Airlines Vacancy Type: Full Time Job Functions:
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US Application Deadline: N/A