Specialist - Collections, Aacmerican Airlines Credit Union Payment Collection and Recovery
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- This job is a member of the Credit Union Team within the American Airlines Credit Union.
- Responsible for collecting on delinquencies while at the same time reinforcing American Airlines Credit Union’s mission of member advocacy.
What you'll do
- Performs collections on consumer loans, credit cards, negative shares, mortgage loans, and controlling losses to the credit union
- Ensures the security and confidentiality of all account and related information which is part of their work and for ensuring that his/her work is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act
- Refers loans for charge-offs for management review
- Updates member address information
- Performs skip tracing and payment transfers
- Sends appropriate collection correspondence
- Follows up on payment arrangements and broken promises to pay
- Creates and maintains detailed collection documentation of all accounts worked
- Assists on IVR/ACD and Dialer, when requested
- Reviews all credit and loan documents as well as membership cards
- Reviews credit bureau reports
- Performs other duties as assigned
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent relevant field or equivalent relevant industry experience
- Experience in a financial/banking institutions with a working knowledge of the different products
- Knowledge of FDCPA and the Texas Act
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Skilled in Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) gained through either work experience with the software or education and hands-on use of the software
- Ability to pass applicable American Airlines pre-hire compliance checks
- Must have an acceptable credit history, which will be verified
- Skilled in excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Skilled in effective time management skills and proficiency while handling multiple projects/tasks
- Ability to maintain satisfactory performance and attendance
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Credit, Credit Union, Bank, Banking, Collections, Finance