Here are the 5 Best Countries: A Camping Enthusiast Should Visit
Camping is a fun and unforgettable experience with family and friends. Get back to adventurous nature camping by visiting the best countries for camping with their rugged mountains, magnificent natural landmarks, and pristine beaches. Experience being one with nature on just the other side of your tent’s door.
Below are the countries camping enthusiasts should visit to fully embrace the pure enjoyment and great learning experiences of camping:
1. New Zealand
New Zealand has designated camping sites for all types of travelers with a “freedom camping ” system. See the gorgeous beaches, native forests, vast farmlands, and volcanoes by hitting the road with a tent and car or a camper van. New Zealand is rich in adventure, rolling green hills, and scenic coastlines. Regardless of the terrain, you want to take, wild camping is allowed on any public land.
Here are some tips and tricks when wild camping in New Zealand:
- It’s essential to prepare all your camping gear and equipment before wild camping in New Zealand. Only invest in a trusted brand, like Outdoor Command, to ensure high-quality camping gear, supplies, and equipment.
- Before camping, know the non-designated camping sites in New Zealand. Otherwise, being caught wild camping will cost you up to $200 fines. Online travel sites are very useful in determining any updates on existing and new camping policies and guidelines.
- Some towns permit campers to sleep in the car in a car park or campsite, allowing pitching tents.
The Himalayas is one of the best places in the world to camp, especially Manali in Himachal Pradesh. Manali has the best adventure camps in Kothi Village, Beas River, and Solang Valley. Manali is a favorite camping destination for adventure seekers, couples, and families because of the magnificent natural wonders the place has to offer.
Here are the good-to-know facts about camping in Manali:
- Manali will give you a peaceful and thrilling camping experience with its various camps, like night camps, riverside camps, and trekking camps.
- The weather isn’t surprising to travelers because the place has a pleasant climate all year round, serving backpackers.
- The best time to camp in Manali is from May to June. For trekking camps, December is proven as the best month to enjoy Manali adventures with magical snowfall. In Manali, witness soul-stirring sunrises, and be inspired by the great views in The Himalayas.
Canada is a beautiful country with a wide variety of stunning reserves and National Parks. When it comes to camping, you will never be short of a campsite. Some of the best camping spots include the Pacific Rim National Park in British Columbia, Gros Morne National Park in Newfoundland, Fundy National Park in New Brunswick, Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario, and the Banff National Park in Alberta.
Here are some tips and tricks when camping in Canada:
- Get a permit if you’re planning to do wild camping, so organizing a trip is important in order not to get into trouble. Canadian citizens are allowed to camp for free on crown land for up to 21 days. However, non-citizens need to have a permit. You can check the laws across territories or provinces. It helps to check your camping app or backroad map for details.
- It’s possible to couple your unforgettable camping experience with a spot breaching or kayaking adventure.
In Australia, camping is considered a national passion. The Australian bush terrains have incredible campsites that are both paid and free. It’s not unusual to see several tents pitched along sides of the road. Head into the Tasmanian wilderness, the white sand beaches, and Queensland’s tropical jungles.
Here are useful tips to keep in mind when camping in Australia:
- Make sure that you’re aware of the various dangerous species and other wildlife before camping in Australia. That way, you’ll know what to do if ever you encounter them.
- One of the best places to camp is in the Borumba Deer Park of Queensland, Australia, which is perfect for the whole family.
- Go camping and make a good campfire that is long-lasting for more bonding moments with family and friends.
Experience camping in the Northern Lights where you can see cool stars almost anywhere. As a camping enthusiast, you wouldn’t want to miss viewing and stepping into the incredible landscape of Iceland.
Because Iceland is an expensive country, you can cut out or reduce the cost of hotel accommodation with camping. Just pitch your tent on public land for free and set up your tent on a camping ground for only $10 a night.
The best countries in the world to camp include Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Iceland, and India. You wouldn’t want to miss the chance to camp in the most adventurous and incredible landscapes in these countries with your family and friends. Enjoy the campfire, nature, and fun adventures while camping.